IQ Glass are the UK’s largest residential architectural glazing company and the specification and quality of the glass we use is paramount to the appearance, performance and durability of our installations.
IQ Glass have a rigid quality control process when selecting manufacturers for their Supply Chain from components, materials as well as the all-important glass.
It is this strive for quality and durability that means IQ Glass always specify toughened glass over old fashioned ‘float laminate’ glass which is more commonly used on the Continent.
Toughened (or tempered glass) is eight times stronger than historic float glass alternate. Float glass is also much more susceptible to cracks, vents and thermal shock.
IQ would always recommend toughened glass units be used in all projects where quality and high quality detailing are imperative.
Latest posts by Rebecca Clayton (see all)
- Guide to Architectural Glazing and Timber Designs - February 7, 2023
- Visit IQ Glass and Keller at BAU Munich 2023 - January 31, 2023
- 6 Examples of Glazing for a Home on a Sloping Site - December 19, 2022
- Our ‘Glazing for Self-Builders’ eGuide – Sign Up for Free - December 19, 2022
- How to Use Structural Glass and Slim Framed Sliding Glass Doors Together - December 15, 2022