Driven by the architect’s requirements for structural glazing the team at IQ has been developing this new system for some time. The unique structural glazing fixing system is fully thermally broken, overcoming the issues of thermal bridging which mars typical structural glass installs. This integrated thermal break (paired with insulating glass units) creates elevations of structural glass that have been tested for Uw values of 1.1-1.2 W/m2K.
This fixing system is able to be fully covered by building finishes (in the same way traditional fixing angles for structural glass are) ensuring that the design effect created is still frameless and minimal.
Wind Loading has been tested too at various pressures so that architects can feel confident in specifying the system even in the harshest environments.
The Invisio structural glazing system is extremely flexible and can be used to create any number of structural glazing installations. From frameless windows to glass walls to glass roofs or whole glass extensions; the Invisio fixing systems ensure the frameless structural glazing design is highly thermally efficient and pre-tested.
Download the brochure today to take a look at the system’s advantages for yourself. If you have any queries regarding the system and specifying it on your project the team at IQ are happy to help. Visit the contact us page for all the ways you can get in touch with us.
Latest posts by Rebecca Clayton (see all)
- The Construction Story of the Floating Glass Box - May 10, 2022
- Glazing Thermal Performance Updated Building Regulations Approved Document L - May 7, 2022
- A Guide to Natural Light in Architectural Design - April 23, 2021
- Luxury 5 Bedroom Home with IQ Glazing in Newcastle for Sale - February 3, 2021
- Roof Glazing CPD from IQ Glass – Register Today - January 29, 2021