One of our projects – Keeling House – has been shortlisted for this years Don’t Move, Improve! awards.
The renovation project took an old water tank at the top of a Grade II listed building and converted it into a two floor apartment. Our minimal windows sliding doors as well as bespoke structural glazing helped open up the water tank and bring in natural light.
Due to the planning restraints and privacy issues of such a high level and overlooked building we designed the glass walls with translucent glazing and a bespoke glass louvre system to the central opening pane. A frameless glass balustrade integrated with the sliding doors to allow the centre pane to open for ventilation.
The resulting apartment sits in a proud location at the top of Keeling House which is an iconic and highly visible tower block in Bethnal Green.
Latest posts by Rebecca Clayton (see all)
- Glass Interface Design: Structural Glazing with Opening Elements - October 19, 2019
- IQ Charity Golf Day - June 19, 2019
- The Anatomy of a Glass Box Extension - April 29, 2019
- Take a Closer Look: Our minimal windows® Showroom - March 22, 2019
- The IQ Christmas Jumper Fundraising Day 2018 - December 19, 2018