Eye-catching Coastal New Build
Sand Dunes is an eye-catching new build in Cornwall that won the 2016 RIBA South West Awards for its innovative design. This new build home was built in a staggering beach front location, occupying the entire ‘front row’ of a small community overlooking the sands near Newquay. The Sand Dunes home replaced an existing hotel building and though it was perhaps not obliged to increase visual permeability it strives to be neighbourly to the residences behind and in the wider context of the bay. This new build has been separated into two distinct forms, the main house on a north-south alignment parallel to the shore and a perpendicular guest and pool annexe.
Latest posts by Rebecca Clayton (see all)
- A Guide to Natural Light in Architectural Design - April 23, 2021
- Luxury 5 Bedroom Home with IQ Glazing in Newcastle for Sale - February 3, 2021
- Roof Glazing CPD from IQ Glass – Register Today - January 29, 2021
- Strategic Use of Roof Glazing - July 8, 2020
- Recreate a Modern Villa Design with Architectural Glazing - June 21, 2020